Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Whirlwind of a Month

I tell you what every year the month of March goes by faster and faster, it seems like before I know it, we are at NCAA's and then wrestling season is over. I tell you what, making it through last week was nothing short of a miracle for how my body felt.  I have to once again be very thankful for wonderful athletic trainers who were there to help me when I needed some treatment to help me get through the day, this literally was a daily ordeal.

I should say that traveling just seems to make symptoms and pain worse, I think it puts my anxiety through the roof as well. I know I can get through it, but it is not my favorite thing to do right now.  If it was fully up to my doctor I would not be traveling and we have had that discussion. Luckily now the season is done so that I can hopefully have the time to heal.

So for a minute let's just talk about NCAA Wrestling. I cannot say in words fully how much I love the sport of wrestling and why, but it is something that has kept me around for 23 years of my life and I would not change that at all. I was able to see history made again only in a different way. There have only ever been three 4 time National Champions. I saw Cael Sanderson go 159-0 with four titles and I was able to see Kyle Dake win his fourth title at four different weight classes. He is just such a dominant wrestler and is going to do great things for the sport of wrestling. He gets it... especially right now with the 2020 Olympic situation, he will be a great young spokesman for our sport.

Wrestling people are just fantastic people and fans... because we are all there for the same reason. I was able to see such people as: Billy Baldwin, Steven Neal, Bruce Baumgartner, Dan Gable, Congressman Jim Jordon, Former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert and even Senator John McCain. I am sure I left a lot of people out, but people of all ages love the sport of wrestling. It has made them who they are today, because of the lessons learned. I may have never have stepped on the mat, but I feel that I am part of this family. I hope that through my love of the sport I have at least rubbed that off on a few people that did not ever watch the sport.

Anyhow now that I am back and trying to rest while my body gets back to normal, I must now prepare and get everything ready for surgery. I don't feel I am ready, I feel that my emotions are all over the place. For the third time in a year I am going to have to rehab myself back to as close to normal as possible and pray that this is the last surgery I will need. I know that all of this has brought about many life changes for my future, I know there are still some changes that I need to make going forward that will allow me to heal and become a better, stronger person. Sometimes things just feel so overwhelming to deal with, it doesn't seem like they are in reach at all.

So next up, is the surgery update and there will be much more to come on that I am sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment