Thursday, August 9, 2012

Two weeks of craziness

On July 30th I headed to Ft. Lauderdale for our annual convention. You know what seems impossible? Running a 5 day event when you can hardly make it through 5 days of work.

So my plan was extra help to do my legwork, medicine, tens unit and the hot tub for heat. I used most of these modalities daily and told a few people they had to remind me to do my exercises daily, or I was to be yelled at.

Now what might have been harder when I was struggling after the long hours was explaining to the coaches who asked what was wrong with me. It always seems to be a fairly awkward conversation to have.

Either way it was a long week, with very little sleep but I made it through the week, with a lot of help. I admit that I completely crashed for the next few days, in fact it is Thursday and we ended Sunday and I still dont't feel like I am where I should be.

In fact all I want to do is sleep. I have had my moments of swinging emotions over the past few weeks, they vary quite easily it seems.

Now if only the pain would subside a little so I can attempt to get things done in my own life.

I did go see my family in Orlando for a day but I admit I was miserable and didn't want to do anything, so I am sure they were thrilled but also realized that this is serious and sait isn't changing that quickly.

Oh yeah did I mention that I haven't been to the doctors in two full weeks, which is strange since that is all I have done since the last week of March.

No comments:

Post a Comment