Wednesday, August 29, 2012

September IC Awareness Month

Well while I was at the doctor's yesterday getting my nerve blocks and injections, I noticed a bunch of fliers around for IC Awareness in the month of September. Honestly I didn't know anything about IC until I was told I may have it by the doctor. I wasn't fully diagnosed until April.

I am one in 10% who was tested for IC and had a negative test, but still have IC.

For more information on IC take a look at this webpage which will provide a lot of educational information over the course of the next month.

I guess we even have a ribbon which is teal in color (the same as ovarian cancer and a few others), either way to all of the other IC diagnosed women out there, we can do this and we need to continue to spread the word and educate those around us.


No comments:

Post a Comment