Saturday, September 1, 2012

In honor of IC Month



I thought it might be interesting to share a few facts that affect my everyday life living with IC:


  •  I go to the bathroom what seems like all the time.
  • I have to base the clothing I wear depending on how I feel.
  • I don't think anyone fully understands what it feels like to have this problem unless they have it.
  • I denied for a long time that I had IC, because I had the test done and it came back negative. However, I have learned that in 10% of people with IC can take the test with negative results, apparently I really am special.
  • IC and bladder problems effect more women in this country than most would think, however many women do not seek treatment.
  • The multitude of problems I have... took me months to be able to talk about without crying.
If you think you have a problem, do some research, there are some great websites out there  and talk to your doctor. One thing I have learned through this process is not to be afraid to say or ask whatever you may think while you are at the doctor. 

You yourself are the best advocate for YOU! Read here for more information on IC.




No comments:

Post a Comment