Thursday, July 12, 2012

Don't go back to ground zero

So I had a fairly lengthy talk with my doctor about trying to retrain myself to know that even though I don't always feel like it that I am getting better. There are parts of me that do not hurt as bad as they use to, but then there are moments where I still think someone is stabbing me through the abdomen.

So on goes trying to figure out ways to de-stress my life and try and keep things under control. So here is to trying to figure out my body, which you would think that after 30 years I would have figured out until this happened.

We also discussed how many women who have similar problems are often told that their pain is "all in their head," even though it is a very real pain. When you feel like this, that is your biggest fear.

Part of me wishes that this is something that could be cured quickly, but that is one thing that won't happen. Right now I am at the point where I was officially diagnosed back in April, so almost through month three and I feel a little different but not much.

I am trying to get my body to move more, walk more, and try and build up some of the muscle that I have lost from being a couch potato for the past eleven months.

So here is to trying to make strides forward and keep things moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment