Monday, July 9, 2012

Pain, misery, OMG!

Some days you can push through the pain. As an athlete growing up I was always taught to be tough and get through it. I can't tell you how many times I did something I probably should not have done because I decided that "my mind was stronger and could overcome the pain." Those endorphins I tell you what can really do wonders to your body when you really want something. (One of these days I will look into this more and find some actual studies on it, however my doctor and I have talked pretty extensively on it).

Fast forward to 2012, I haven't played competitive sports in over 12 years. I opted not to play in college and called my athletic career quits after my senior year of high school softball, I was injured enough at that point. So now I can push through some things to get through the day, when say I don't feel really well or I didn't get enough sleep due to working a lot of hours at an event... and well you do it.

So now my body just doesn't do it at all. For instance this morning I barely made it out of bed after a pretty good nights sleep. I was sitting here at my desk and got a horrible bout of pains that were literally debilitating and yes I started to cry they hurt so bad. I pulled out my heating pad, took a full pain pill and ultimately laid on the floor for 10 minutes to try and calm my body down.

The good news is I have physical therapy tonight so she can atleast try and help me get calmed down a bit, I also head to the doctor on Wednesday, so it may be time to have a talk with him on pain management again on Wednesday. So that may make my appointments more frequent.

Either way I just want to not feel like this as much as I do.

Update on the end of the day, I went to phsyical therapy and my therapist was "nice" to me today and I am pretty sure I feel worse. So tonight is definitely an early evening to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment